Core Maths resources
Core Maths Resources for Registered Schools
The Core Maths Platform is available to all AMSP registered schools. It includes a growing set of specification specific Core Maths resources for teachers and students. To get access, use the link above to register your school/college. After your registration has been processed by our team, the teacher named as your contact will receive a username and password, giving access to the Core Maths resources for the qualification(s) you specified on the registration form. Any queries, please contact [email protected].
Visualising the Climate Crisis
These resources are designed to raise awareness of the impact of fast fashion on the climate. There are four different versions of the resource, each aimed at a different age range. They come with a presentation, teacher notes and a worksheet.
You can find lots of resources for Core Maths on these websites:
- The Mathematics Assessment Project. This site contains lessons designed by the University of Nottingham Shell Centre. There are Classroom Challenges and lessons that support teachers in formative assessment. They are based on the US Common Core State Standards, but many of them are useful for Core Maths, however be aware US currency and US terminology are used in some activities. This site also has a PD module, and ideas for assessments.
- The STEM library includes the extensive resources developed by the legacy Core Maths Support Programme (CMSP).
- QUIBANS (Questions Inspired By A News Story) is blog site with lots of useful starting points.
- Nuffield Resources for Core Maths is a collection of resources tailored to each Core Maths specification.
- Nrich - Core Maths offers a rich variety of resources linked to the different areas of the Core Maths curriculum, such as problem solving, finance, graphs and statistics.
- The MEI Critical Maths resources are designed to enable students to think about real problems using mathematics. They are suitable for all Core Maths specifications.
- MEI Core Maths resources were developed for the OCR(MEI) Core Maths qualifications and are free to centres offering these courses.
For exam board specific resources, see:
The AMSP provides free materials to help you to promote Core Maths to your students and their parents/carers.
We've also developed a 30 minute presentation for students and parents/carers about the importance of studying maths post-GCSE. It outlines the options available, and provides compelling reasons for choosing to take an advanced maths qualification.