A taste of university maths: Interactive lectures
Monday 19th November 2018
Simon Dawson, AC for Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield
The Maths Academy Interactive is a five week sequence of interactive lectures that begins on Wednesday 14 November. The programme is for Year 12 and 13 students and aims to give students a sense of what university mathematics is like in a zero pressure environment. The maths is purely recreational and nothing is required other than showing up.
The sessions take place every Wednesday from 4:30pm to 5:45pm in Lecture Theatre 2 of the Hicks Building at The University of Sheffield.
The Lectures will be in the following areas:
- 14th November - An Introduction to Topology: The Euler Characteristic
- 21st November – An Introduction to Analysis
- 28th November – An Introduction to Sets
- 5th December – An Introduction to Knot Theory
- 12th December – Mathematical Beauty