Year 12 Problem Solving DayLancaster
A day of problem-solving for Year 12 students and their teachers.
- Help Year 12 students develop and enhance their problem-solving skills;
- Showcase a variety of interesting problems, some of them from the MAT and the TMUA;
- Introduce students to some of the problems used in university entrance tests;
- Develop teachers' abilities to help their students with problem-solving;
- Provide suggestions for suitable teaching resources.
Who will benefit from attending?
This event should be accessible to all Year 12 students who wish to develop their mathematical problem-solving skills. We aim to be as inclusive as possible - in particular, students need not be studying A Level Further Mathematics.
We will be showcasing a variety of problems, ranging from very straightforward to downright tricky, and helping students develop their estimation skills. Some of the puzzles were first seen in university entrance tests, so students thinking of studying mathematics or related subjects at university should find this day particularly helpful.
Teachers who wish to develop their students' problem-solving skills should also find this day beneficial.
If your server blocks shortened URLs:
University admissions tests
Private Dining Room,
Tue 19th Nov 2019
10:00 - 15:30
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact: