Preparing your students for the MAT and the TMUAOnline Self-paced study
This is an On Demand Professional Development course designed to support teachers who will work with students taking one of these fourth term university entrance tests. It will also be of interest to any teacher wishing to extend their problem solving skills or enrich their teaching of A level Mathematics or Further Mathematics.
The course comprises 11 'pods', each covering either a specific method which features in these tests or an overarching concept.
In each pod, teachers will see short videos guiding them through the ideas of the topic along with practice materials, triggers for reflection and suggestions for further study. Teachers will be encouraged to interact and collaborate with others studying the same material via the online forums. An expert tutor will be monitoring the forums and will respond to queries.
The course offers total flexibility regarding when teachers can access the materials, day or night, over a period of up to one year. Teachers will be able to track their progress within the course and to see when they have completed a section, a pod or a full course.
- To introduce teachers to the main aspects of the MAT and the TMUA.
- To advise and support teachers who wish to prepare their own students for the tests.
- To provide opportunities to reflect on subject content, resources and teaching ideas and to discuss these with other teachers via the course forums.
Who will benefit from attending?
All teachers of post-16 maths.
- Introduction to the MAT and the TMUA
- Why university entrance tests?
- Problem solving
- Number theory
- Sequences, series and counting
- Exponentials and logs
- Coordinate geometry and trigonometry
- More complex functions
Materials and Equipment
Internet connection with capability to watch video.
ODPD is free of charge to teachers in state-funded schools and colleges in England.
University admissions tests, A level Mathematics, A level Further Mathematics
Pure, Problem solving, Curriculum planning
On Demand Professional Development
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard